Easier said than done, I know - but good lord you are growing up so fast. You're at the stage where your sense of self and control over your environment is growing by the hour and from what I can surmise right now - the term "laid back" is likely to never apply to you. It's exhausting as a parent, but for you, it will serve you well assuming that you learn the skills to pick what battles to actively fight and which battles are best fought out by themselves with no interaction or energy spent from you. Many people don't master this in their entire lifetime. I still haven't, but I think I'm getting better at it. I have no doubt that if we raise you well, you'll have a fighting chance of figuring it out before the rest of us do - I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.