Tuesday, March 25, 2014

On the topic of siblings.....

Before you even know it, you're going to likely be a big brother.  If all goes as we think it likely will, I'm due in October, a month after your 1st birthday.  We've gotten a lot of commentary about this, mostly positive but all of it well intentioned.  Some people think it's a good idea to let us know what people said to them in a similar situation (usually some type of negative commentary) which is basically them saying it to us but hiding behind their shock and how pissed off they were about it being said to them.  Regardless, I'm sure you're going to face people sharing their unsolicited opinions to you about the age difference (or lack thereof) between you and your sibling.  The best advice I can offer to you is this, when you get a comment like that - squint your eyes, furrow your brow like they're speaking a dialect of stupid you've never heard before, and just say, "uh, okay, I'll be sure to relay that to my mom..." and then move on.  It'll likely end the conversation quickly.  If for some reason they choose to proceed with this, here's the conversation ender, "I find it weird that you're that interested in what my parents were doing."  Boom.  Over.  You're welcome. 

My wish (and your dad's wish) is that hopefully you and your sibling will be great friends.  You'll be close in age that can help you two relate better if you're relatively similar.  Which I freakin' hope you are because not to inflate your ego or anything but at least up until this point which is about 6.5 months in, you're awesome.  We got two separate comments yesterday about your laugh and how much people love it.  You sleep well, you eat well (seriously well, jesus...), you're happy as a clam, and you're such a flirt.  It's pretty adorable.  Sorry if you're reading this when you're older that part would probably be a bit embarrassing.  Oh well.

Well, I've got to get back to work but I thought I'd share that with you real quick because I haven't been updating this as often as I wanted to.  I'll try and get better about that.  I love you Sam, more than anything in this entire world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.