For my entire life, I have always known that I wanted to have you. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but you quite literally make my soul smile. Sam hugs for starters, let me just say are the best hugs. I don't know what it is but for that short moment in time, there is nothing in the entire world that I would change because it all led up to that hug. Every time.... So, the yellow flowers. A few weeks ago, you started this habit where you would see a yellow flower (they're dandelions), usually while you were at school and you would pick it, put it in your pocket, and when I came to pick you up you'd say Mommy! I found a yellow flower for you! and you would reach into your pocket and give me this flower that you picked during recess. Makes me melt every time. Some days you would have pockets full of these yellow flowers. Each time, I melted because it meant that during your day, when we were apart, you had a million other distractions or things you could have been doing that were super fun with your friends, but for one moment a little yellow flower caught your eye and it made you think of me. And when you had that thought you wanted to pick that flower so that you could give it to me and make me happy. And every time, it did. I could have had the worst day ever, and seeing you with that yellow flower made me happy in that moment and some days baby, that's more than one could ever hope for.
I've kept the yellow flowers that you've picked for me over the days, weeks, and months. Not sure what I'll do with them yet but I've kept them as a reminder for myself in case I get sad or down. This morning when we were on our way in, you got distracted by a yellow flower and ran to pick it for me as we walked into school. I put it behind my ear since my hands were full and forgot that I put it there. I just now caught a glimpse of my hair in the mirror and I saw the yellow flower from you this morning, and it made me smile. Thank you baby bear, you are the most amazing little boy I could have ever dreamed of, and I love you so very much. I hope you never stop being so sweet, that you at least always have the capacity for such simple but thoughtful gestures. I'm so proud of you.
And thank you for my yellow flowers. I will always cherish them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.