There's clearly a reason why my last post was dated four days prior to the arrival of my baby girl. For those who need me to spell it out, its because life went full throttle and I'm in the equivalent of one of those movie moments where things are spinning out of control and there's a segment of slow-motion before it goes back to real time. With two under two and five cats, paired with an adult life and a relationship and full time jobs for both parents, it's really easy to go into survival mode and at times, that's really just what we have had to do. I was nursing and only supplementing one bottle (so she'd sleep longer at night) with my daughter until I got a stomach bug and lost production. Long story short I'm pumping until I go back to work full time to see if its even feasible to try and get production back. If it is, great, if not - to formula it is. My goal was three months and assess then, but if I don't make it, I'll be disappointed but I'll survive and so will everyone else. A big thing to remember is when you're weaning, some women can go through what feels like the same hormonal flux that women go through just after child birth. It can be enough to throw some women into a post partum depression. So know yourself, keep tabs on how you feel, and get some help when you need it. (Seriously - post partum depression is no joke and it sucks but it gets better the sooner you get help.)
So, time management. The first thing you need to realize is that despite how it seems and disregarding Einstein's Theory of Relativity (or is it Special Relativity?) time cannot move faster or slower than it always has so the onus is on you to make the most or least of your time. If you feel overwhelmed, take 30 seconds or even a minute, reset, and prioritize what you need to do step by step. It'll clear some of the clutter in your mind. At least it does for me. Think about what you need to do versus what you want to do and be really clear about the definitions of need and want. I tend to get those mixed up and so does your dad so....figure that out early. Like in the mornings, I need coffee. I don't merely want it, I need it in order to survive and make sure the rest of you do too.
Accept that there are some things that you're just not going to get to if you want to be somewhere on time or if you need to move on to the next thing. Sometimes its just too late. That's okay. The world will go on.
If you're stressed out, step away from pinterest. Unless that unstresses you. But for most of us, just step away. It's awesome when you have some free time to make awesome looking crafts and personalized whatevers.
Its okay to let the older one watch TV for a little bit if you need to get some stuff done. It's not a fall back babysitter of course and make sure its kid friendly, but shake off the haters who say they don't let their kids near a tv until they're like 5. They're probably liars and if they're not they clearly don't have enough to do.
Okay it looks like life is going back into full speed now so I've gotta run (likely literally) but maybe I'll be back this month to add to this or to talk about some more important stuff that you should know son.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.