Wednesday, August 12, 2015

On the fact that we all get so frustrated we want to scream....

.....the other fact here is that like your father and uncle, you actually do scream.  Really, really loud.  Despite that it's physically painful to hear that pitch at times, I feel bad for you because you're that frustrated at whatever it is at that moment and that's the most effective tool that you feel like you have.  Most of the time you're the sweetest boy on the planet.  But when you get nudged off your pace....do  you let people know how you don't care for it.  I'm trying even harder now, and so is your dad and in all honesty he appears to be doing a better job than me at this moment, of not having heated arguments with anyone in front of you.  Getting upset or mad isn't wrong or bad, its a very natural reaction to things, but it's rarely even remotely effective at getting your point across or getting some sort of resolution. 
You're growing up so fast, you're learning so many new things every day and I am so impressed by how quickly you can pick things up.  I am working very hard to spend more time with you (and your sister) and right now it feels like I'm treading water and going backwards because there's so much going on that the to do list is getting longer faster than I can cross line items off.  I love you baby boy, sweet dreams and I'll see you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.